This project is read-only.

Great library..

Developer
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM
Thanks for sharing your work,  I was expecting only a few basic classes but was pleasantly surprised by the scope and depth of your project.

I am looking forward to exploring some of the constructs which I have not heard of.

I plan to code some other polynomial types and transforms commonly used in signal analysis for my own use but I will gladly submit them to the project if you are interested.

Regards,
Tyler
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM
Hi,

I´m very glad when the project is usefull to you and other people and it whould be great if you support this project by submit code. I´m looking forward your nice classes. Also if you have improvements or find bugs, just post it here. I´m always happy about new ideas. Maybe your are interestested to take formally part in this project, I will send you an invitation or add you directly to the project as an developer (My first project on codeplex and the first time I wanna do something like that :-)).

Regards,
Benedikt
Developer
Apr 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM
Hi Benedikt, thanks for adding me to the project.  I think you have done very nice work on this project, the code is structured and documented very clearly, easy to understand.   I will try to adhere to the same conventions and hope I can make some worthwhile contributions.

Soon I plan to implement some more orthogonal polynomial subtypes (Chebyshev, Laguerre) and Kalman filter, also some basic digital filters. I will create a branch on the SVN tree for my additions and you can merge them into the trunk as you wish.

What is your background in mathematics if I may ask?  Professor/Researcher of some sort? 

I come from EE background, DSP/Control Systems but am currently working on project in Econometrics.

Regards,
Tyler

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Hi Tyler,

your implementation ideas sounds great and I´m very glad to hear, that the style of the code appeals to you. If you want to add your classes to the SVN you also may add them directly into the normal check-in list, for example your filter classes in a new namespace. I think the polynomial classes should take place in the root namespace SmartMathLibrary. But it´s your choice I also would move it from the SVN branch.
The question about my background, yes you may ask ;-). I´m just a student in computer science, who loves it to write mathematic code. But in the future I´m going to be a professor and researcher. That would be my favorite job, I think.
I also have a question, if I may ask?. Where are you from, I´m from Germany.
Once more I wanna thank you for your interest in this project. I think together we are able to build up a great and easy to use library for mathematic problems.

Regards,
Benedikt